Wednesday 16 April 2014

Asking for help

So after being away from this blog for quite a substantial length of time (let's just ignore the date of my last post) I have been persuaded by one of my good friends to return to the blogging world - yippee!

I may seem like a confident person behind this blog, but in reality, that's not the case. My close friends know me to be quite outgoing and confident. However, looking back at school reports I was the shy girl that "lacked confidence". 

I never really put my hand up in class, I don't know whether that's because I'm scared I'll get the answer wrong and be embarrassed that I even dared to answer or whether it's because putting your hand up involves using my much needed energy because you actually have to physically move a part of your body, probably the first option in all seriousness. 

Because of this lack of involvement in class I also found it difficult to ask for help. When the rest of your class understand something and the teacher resumes to her desk to do marking or check emails (what do teachers do at desks!?) you feel awkward and the rest of the class are silent, you can't disturb that. Well I can't anyway. 

Sometimes teachers look over your shoulder and ask you if you're alright, they're already expecting you to say "yes thank you" like the other 90% of the class has so if you had a problem, you'd be the odd one out. 

I've learnt that actually it is okay to ask for help, the fact that you broke the silence and became the odd one out your classmates won't even remember the next day. Yet, you have learnt something that could potentially save you in an exam. So, what's it worth? 

x~Jess~x

No comments:

Post a Comment