Tuesday 25 February 2014

The gift of giving

When I'm older I want to look back on my life and feel as if I've achieved something, as if I've made someone's life a tiny bit better and as if I've made a difference. 

So often we are so caught up in our busy lifestyle that we neglect simple acts of kindness. I'm not saying that everyone should go and set up a charity but even just being nice, putting that extra bit of effort into making someone smile.

For those of you that don't know, I send out gifts to children with serious conditions and illnesses through my charity. I have been asked a lot of times "why do you do it? It must take up so much time". 

It's hard work, there's no denying that but it's the feeling that you get knowing that you've made a child that is going through a difficult time smile, even just for that moment. 

Through my charity I've met so many inspiring families and to know that I've helped them even in a really small way is something that I will be able to look back on in 10, 20, 30 years time and think "yeah, I did that".

Smiles are contagious :) 

x~Jess~x

No comments:

Post a Comment