Tuesday 13 May 2014

Positive Thinking

I haven't posted a blog post in a while. I, like many other teenagers, have been revising for exams (yay). 

I've never really been one of those people that can put in hours and hours of revision. A lot of my friends are in top set for most subjects and so they spend their day with their head in a textbook, revising solid. They're not really sure why. They follow the crowd. They'll probably get good results but won't those results become useless in 10 years time. When you've finished school you compete with a lot of others for one job. Each of the candidates have the same grades. There's one person there that has average grades but they've had a lot of experience working in the same industry. Who would you choose? Someone who knows how to read a textbook or someone who knows how to work?

Despite this, I'd still like to do okay in my exams. Which I think is understandable. I believe that positive thinking helps so much. If you go into an exam convincing yourself that you're going to fail, likelihood is that you probably will. I tend to go into exams thinking I've done the best that I could do. I've worked, I've tried and what will be will be. 

Most importantly I remember that there is life after exams. Some of the most successful people in business don't have degrees but that doesn't mean they haven't had to work hard. They knew what they wanted to do and they devoted their time to that one passion, that one end goal. 

I hope that all of you who are sitting exams over the next month do well, as I'm sure you will and I wish you the best of luck!

x~Jess~x 

No comments:

Post a Comment