Saturday 11 January 2014

C it all works out in the end

I've never been very good at maths and it has always been my weakest subject. In primary school I was mostly in bottom set but they occasionally debated if I should be moved into the middle set and so I was moved around a bit, I often struggled when I went into the middle though and lost a lot of my confidence. 

Once I started secondary school I was in the bottom set and remained there, I was happy with this as I knew that I wouldn't loose my confidence and I had more of a chance of passing my GCSE when the time came. 

The time came in November to sit the exam and despite working hard revising, I wasn't ready. The exam itself I thought went alright but when the teacher went through some of the questions I had got them wrong and was convinced that I had failed. 

I was scared about failing, I knew that I had the opportunity to re-take the exam but my parents had invested so much into helping me that I felt I would be letting them down if I did not do well. I often spent nights crying over this as I knew how important maths was, if I didn't pass this time then I didn't believe I could do it. 

I got my results a few days ago and judging by the title of this post I assume you already know the outcome. I got a C and I was absolutely ecstatic with this and I gained a lot of confidence, I couldn't wait to get home and tell my parents the news as I knew they had been worried I hadn't done very well too.

My parents were really pleased. My mum was proud of me and was the first of my parents to know when she picked me up from school. As soon as I got home I phoned my dad who was still at work and has always been supportive in everything I do. Despite telling him several times that  I would fail, he always believed I'd pass. 

So I guess the message is, don't be afraid of the future. I strongly belive that everything does work out in the end and to never give up.
Thank you for your continued support with this little blog, see you soon!

x~Jess~x

No comments:

Post a Comment