Monday 13 January 2014

I can relate (to music)

I've always felt a connection with music and felt that a lot of the time listening to music was a way to get rid of nervousness and gave me a little boost of confidence. 

I've always listened to the lyrics of music more than anything as I feel like the artist understands how I'm feeling even when a lot of the people around me might not.

Obviously songs such as "What does the fox say" aren't really meaningful to me, neither are love songs as I can't relate to them. 

However, there's a lot of songs about feeling stressed and having confidence. At the moment I'm especially loving "Little Me" by Little Mix. Not only does it have a really good beat and give of a really good vibe, I feel as though I can relate to the lyrics "I'd tell her to speak up, tell her to shout out" as I've never really had the confidence to do that and I hope that as I get older I will be able to gain confidence.

I also especially like Let It Go from the film Frozen. Although I haven't yet seen this film I especially like this song as it reminds me of when someone annoys you or says something to you but because you haven't got the confidence to talk back to them you have to "let it go"

Most recently I listened to music whilst say in the doctors. From a young age I've hated doctors and hospitals and this was to have an injection and as I have a huge phobia of needles I was getting worked up about it. Listening to music helped me to relax and take my mind of what was to come, as it turned out it went fine and they even did a nasal spray instead as they knew I didn't like injections.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been able to relate to music at least at some point in their life. I'll see you again tomorrow for the next blog post, thank you for your continued support with this little blog!

x~Jess~x

No comments:

Post a Comment