Friday 17 January 2014

Fashion

Fashion seems to be a massive deal in today's society and I really do not understand why.

Clothes are really just a piece of material that you wear, so why are we judged by where we shop? Why is somebody that shops at Topshop automatically more fashionable than someone that shops at Tescos? 

Don't get me wrong, I like clothes. I like fashion. But I also love a good bargain, I love raiding the January sales to see what bargains I can pick up but I'm not one of those people that can spend £100's on clothes. 

Why are we prepared to pay so much money for something that has a label on it, a designer name. Because it makes us look good? Today, we seem to be judged more on the clothes that we wear than the personality that we share. That's crazy.

It's not surprising that there are so many people feeling insecure when magazines encourage you to spend a fortune on clothes over their fashion pages. Girls feel the need to hunt down the most expensive clothes and cake themselves in makeup in order to feel pretty. 

A lot of people can't afford nice clothes, there's some people that probably struggle to afford things such as food and drink to put on the table, why are we never satisfied with the things that we have?

I think that we have to learn that one day it's not going to matter what clothes you wear. I've seen a lot of girls around my age who walk around in a similar style of clothing, it's not their style, it's just the style that some catwalk model was wearing which has become popular, what happened to individuality? 

I've always bought clothes that I feel comfortable in and clothes that appeal to me. I don't see the point in wearing the same style as everyone else, I'd rather save my money on something that's more worthwhile than an overpriced pair of shoes. 

This probably isn't the fashion post that you expected it would be and that's okay because a lot of things aren't what you expect them to be of what they first appear as. 

x~Jess~x

No comments:

Post a Comment