Thursday 16 January 2014

Charity

I started really taking an interest in charity work when I was 12, I'd organised a charity event since it was fun and it felt good to know that you was helping someone. 

I set up my own charity shortly after recovering from an operation where I spent a lot of time in hospital. I started sending small gifts to children with a serious condition or illness to make them smile when they needed it most.

As more people knew about what I was doing, the gifts were able to get bigger and I was able to ask the child's parents what they would like. It was a really good feeling.

I've now progressed into granting wishes which is extremely rewarding and I also continue to send out gifts. I can't describe the feeling when you see a picture of a child receiving their gift and they have a big smile on their face.

I really would encourage anyone, whatever age, to take part in some kind of charity work. It's an amazing feeling knowing that you've made someone smile, even just for a moment. 

If you'd like to know more on my story, please search for Help Jess help others on Facebook 

x~Jess~x

No comments:

Post a Comment