Friday 10 January 2014

Six form or college!?

So a few days ago I went for an interview at my local college, it all went great and they have given me a conditional place at college which is fantastic. 
Although, during the interview (which consisted of a few basic questions) I started to question whether or not college was the right place for me. My parents would prefer it if I went to six form and got my A levels there instead of studying a level 3 course at college. I understand where they're coming from. I've always been the type of person that can work hard but no matter how hard I try or how much effort I put in my grades are still average and I'm happy with average. 
Some of the reasons I think I would like college is because it's a lot more laid back, it seems easier and it's something I believe will be of use to me in the future. However, my parents believe I can do better, some questions were asked at the interview such as "have I ever been excluded" (I've rarely even ever got told off by a teacher) which made me think "is this right for me?" 

Six form, I know involves massive amounts of hard work but at the same time the A levels are always behind you and certain teachers have asked if I'm going to six form. Basically, I'm undecided. I'm going to apply for six form and see what happens with that but whichever path I go down I'm confident that it will all work out in the end. 

Thank you for reading my (little) blog. 

See you again soon 

..~Jess~..

No comments:

Post a Comment