Sunday 19 January 2014

Jumping to conclusions

First off, I should probably start of my apologizing for not writing a blog post yesterday. I can't even make an excuse and say I was busy because, well, I wasn't. 
I went into town to buy two new books, one of which I've almost finished. I'm starting to get into reading again and writing, clearly. 

I think it's really easy to jump to conclusions about people or about things. For example, today there was a chocolate biscuit on the table waiting for me when I went downstairs, now, it could of been my dad but I jumped to the conclusion that it was my mum because she was in the kitchen. 

Not that it's really that important who put the chocolate bar there anyway but the point I'm trying to make is that sometimes people can be affected by us jumping to conclusions. Maybe we presume that someone has done something because they've done it before, us accusing people of something they may not have done could make people upset. 

I'm sure everyone must of done this as some point in there life, I do it without really thinking about it, like with the chocolate bar. However, sometimes I'm accused of something I didn't do, mostly by my parents and it is only then that I realise that everytime we accuse someone of doing something they may not have done, we may make them feel upset or most of the time, annoyed.

It's strange how we can upset people without even realising that we have. Something else I've noticed, is that when someone is upset with someone they don't actually say "you've upset me". We're meant to pick up on the signals that we have upset them, signals such as blunt answers. Things would return to normal a lot faster if people accepted what they had done and told others that they had made them upset/annoyed so that they are able to resolve their differences sooner.

The world is a very weird and beautiful place.

x~Jess~x

1 comment: