Tuesday 21 January 2014

Self Esteem

I wanted to do this blog post today because there's a lot of people that aren't confident and aren't happy with the way they look and don't belive in themselves etc.

Recently, a lot of my friends have been talking about dieting and going to the gym etc. 
I've really never been interested in dieting or going to the gym and things like that. I'm not fat and neither are my friends but I really don't eat healthily. I'd like to be able to eat healthier and eat more fruit but I really don't have that much motivation to do that.

I think there's a lot of reasons why people suffer with self esteem issues. There's obviously models that are incredibly thin in the media, some are unhealthily thin and some girls have a desire to be like them. It could be because of being bullied, if someone has been bullied then they're confidence is going to be massively knocked. If you say to someone "you're ugly" a lot of people won't just let it pass, you may even forget that you've said it but they'll still believe that they are ugly.

Another reason is that some people can find it difficult to make friends, which is linked with the confidence issues. I do find it difficult to make friends and find it hard to trust people, I talk to a lot of people on a regular basis but there's only a few of them that I can 100% trust.

You may also have aspirations, for example, you might want to be a lawyer but there's people around you that tell you that you never will be. The right attitude there I believe is to prove them wrong but some of the time people give up to easily and think "yeah, they were right, I can't do it". I know I've certainly done that before.

I think self esteem is a big issue and once you do start to feel bad about yourself or a situation then that can be a very hard cycle to get out of. I'd like to start being more positive and believing in myself a little bit more. I think that anybody can achieve their goals if they are determined to do so and aren't being held back by the people around them.

x~Jess~x

No comments:

Post a Comment